Ronkonkoma, NY—Sigma Corporation of America announced its Lens Workshops lineup for October. They are inviting photographers in New York, California, Virginia as well as Wisconsin to take advantage of training, a hands-on experience with Sigma lenses and networking opportunities.
Sports Photography Workshop at B&H
Sigma’s Marc Farb will lead a workshop at B&H, located at 420 9th Ave, New York, New York, on October 3, 2018. Farb is an experienced instructor and also a photography enthusiast with more than 30 years of professional experience. Registration is free.
This workshop’s agenda follows.
• 10:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.: Sports 102. Attendees will learn the tools and techniques to make sports images more impactful, from capture to final print.
• 12:30–2:00 p.m.: Photo Walk on the High Line. Farb leads a photo walk to the High Line to put the tools he taught to use.
• 2:00–3:00 p.m.: Q&A at B&H. Farb will be available to answer any remaining lens questions at B&H.
Lens Workshops at Samy’s Camera
Sigma’s Jared Ivy will lead a two-day workshop at Samy’s Camera as well as at Peterson Automotive Museum, October 6–7, 2018. in Los Angeles, California. With 20+ years of professional experience, Ivy loves traveling and teaching various photography genres, including architecture, fashion, portraiture, product as well as nature.Moreover, the following workshops will be held on October 6, 2018, at Samy’s Camera. Samy’s address is 475 S. Fairfax Avenue in Los Angeles, California.
• 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.: Sports Action 101. Attendees will learn how to shoot better images for fast-action sports. They will also learn which Sigma lenses are best for each shot. Registration is free.
• 1:00–2:00 p.m.: Street & Urban Landscape. This lecture focuses on gear and settings that best assist in capturing urban beauty. Registration is free.
• 3:00–4:00 p.m.: Visual Storytelling. Attendees will learn how to capture authentic candid images of their subjects while visually painting a narrative to engage viewers. It will cover techniques to deliver more impactful photos that can be applied to editorial assignments, commercial lifestyle campaigns or personal work. Registration is free.
The following Sigma/Samy’s Workshop will be held on October 7 at Petersen Automotive Museum. The museum is at 6060 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles.
• 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.: Portraiture Lecture & Live Model Shoot. This workshop will focus on how to purposely illustrate a subject and their personality using different lenses while incorporating backgrounds and posing. It will highlight traditional and also environmental portraits in studio and outdoors. Registration is $24.99.
Macro Photography Workshop & Scavenger Hunt at Ace Photo
Sigma’s Marc Farb will lead a two-day macro photography workshop at Ace Photo, located at 44710 Cape Ct., Suite 122, in Ashburn, Virginia. The workshop will be held October 6–7, 2018. Registration is $24.
• October 6, 1:00–2:30 p.m.: Macro Photography Class. Farb will provide an informative lecture on how to choose a macro lens, the proper accessories and also the right environment for macro photography.
• October 7, 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.: Scavenger Hunt Photo Walk. Participants will meet at the Lucketts Market for a scavenger hunt photo walk. In addition, Sigma macro lenses will be available on loan.
Urban Landscape Workshop at Art’s Cameras Plus
Sigma’s Brian Matsumoto will lead a two-day Intro to Street Photography workshop at Art’s Cameras Plus from October 12–13, 2018. Art’s Camera is at 4981 S 76th Street in Greenfield, Wisconsin.
• October 12, 4:00–5:00 p.m.: Street Photography Class. This visual course covers the fundamentals of photographing urban landscape. Attendees will also learn how to choose the best lenses and camera settings.
• October 12, 1:00–2:00 p.m.: Photo Walk. Participants can join Matsumoto for a photo walk in the Wauwatosa Village. They will use Sigma lenses during this hands-on shooting experience. Registration for the class and photo walk is $49. Registration for the photo walk only is $25.
• October 13: In-Store Demo Day. Art’s Cameras Plus will host an in-store demo. Matsumoto will showcase Sigma’s lens line and also answer questions.
Sigma Dealer Workshops
Designed in collaboration with Sigma dealers around the country, the program provides photographers the opportunity to learn new techniques as well as refine their photography skills. The program includes a series of classroom lectures and hands-on workshops.
Led by Sigma technical representatives and also photography experts, each workshop hones in on a specific genre of photography. Normally a two-day event, day one focuses on theory and educational best practices, such as lighting, gear setup, camera settings as well as lens focal length. On day two, attendees put their newly acquired knowledge to the test with immersive real-world photo shoots and photo walks.
Photographers of all skill levels, from novice to professional, are welcome to attend. A complete schedule, including registration, cost, special promotions as well as agenda, can be found on the Sigma Events webpage.