Los Angeles, CA—The second annual Lucie Technical Awards will take place in New York City on October 19, 2016. The location will shortly be announced. These awards are the newest initiative of the Lucie Foundation and a sister-program of the Lucie Awards.
This adjunct to the Lucie Awards has embraced a large and critical segment of the photographic community. Additionally, the awards honor the large and small companies, and individuals, who have advanced the photographic industry in a given year. All-inclusive, they encompass everything from cameras, lenses, lighting and accessories to printers, inks and also software.
“With these awards, the Lucie Awards has put its arms around an even more inclusive segment of the photographic community,” commented founder of the Lucie Technical Awards, Hossein Farmani. “This initiative allows all interested parties to nominate and then join us to celebrate the responsible industry professionals at a deeper and wider level.”
Experts in the field of photography as well as members of the public can contribute to the nomination process. The goal is to recognize deserving companies and also individuals whose efforts have advanced the careers of image makers. Nominations are open through August 15 and there is no fee to nominate.
2016 Lucie Technical Award Categories
This year’s categories include:
- Analog: Best Darkroom, Best Instant Camera, Best Film
- Camera: Best Crop-Sensor Camera, Best Full-Frame Camera, Best Medium-Format Camera, Best Fixed-Lens Compact Camera, Best Action Camera, Best Camera Manufacturer of the Year
- Camera Accessory: Best Camera Bag, Best Tripod, Best Speedlight
- Lens: Best Wide-Angle Prime Lens, Best Standard Prime Lens, Best Telephoto Prime Lens, Best Standard Zoom Lens, Best Telephoto Zoom Lens, Best Lens Manufacturer of the Year
- Lighting and Studio: Best Studio Strobe, Best Portable Strobe, Best Continuous Light Source, Best Light Modifier
- Printing: Best “At Home” Professional Photo Printer, Best “Studio” Photo Printer
- Software: Best Software, Best Software Plug-in
- Storage: Best Memory Card, Best Backup Solution
The Spotlight Award will be given to a brand whose consistent technological innovations have advanced the photography industry.
In addition, the Top Gadget in the Market Award will recognize a unique and innovative photo product.
The Lucie Awards were created to honor photographers and recognize significant creative professionals in the field. They now include an even wider community by honoring the year’s most significant innovations and technologies via the Lucie Technical Awards. Ticket availability and the New York City location of the Lucie Technical Awards will be announced shortly. For the complete list of awards and to nominate, visit tech.lucies.org/nominate.
The Lucie Foundation
The Lucie Foundation’s mission is to honor master photographers, discover and cultivate emerging talent, and also promote the appreciation of photography worldwide. The foundation hosts Month of Photography Los Angeles (MOPLA). It also presents year-round programming to support high school students through SNAPSHOP! It supports emerging and professional photographers through the Lucie Scholarship Program. In additon, it recognizes master photographers through the Lucie Awards. The foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable foundation. luciefoundation.org