New York, NY—Adorama, a leading photo, video, audio, imaging as well as electronics retailer, will launch Adorama INSPIRE, a weeklong event filled with designed-to-share experiences for visual storytellers.
A confluence of education, artistic expression and also discussion, Adorama INSPIRE will take place June 25, 2018 through July 1 in and around New York City. It will feature some of the creative community’s most heralded innovators, influencers as well as game-changers. They will include Tamara Lackey, Mark Wallace, Gavin Hoey and also Tracie Maglosky. “Blending the educational benefits of a conference with the community engagement of a festival, Adorama INSPIRE offers the best of both worlds. It gives artists a platform in which they can learn new techniques, share their experiences and connect with the community,” said Lev Peker, chief marketing officer, Adorama.
“The incredible program lineup features extraordinary talent, comprehensive workshops as well as exciting events. It will culminate in an expo where attendees can interact with industry-leading brands like Canon, DJI, Intel, Nikon and Sony. The event will explore all genres of still and motion storytelling, engaging all skill levels and styles,” Peker added.
The weeklong conference–festival hybrid event will pay homage to cinematography, photography, music making as well as social influence. Moreover, it will offer specially curated workshops focused on improving technical expertise and industry discussions. It will also provide artist-infused experiences, such photo walks, flying drones and community art galleries. Many of these events will be free to attend.
Spearheaded by some of the industry’s most influential artists and storytellers, Adorama INSPIRE will include more than 30 technique-focused workshops. Designed for all skill levels, topics will include aerial photo and video, studio lighting, astrophotography, portrait photography, travel and wedding photography, video production, live streaming and also social video.
“No matter your niche, from fashion photography to vlogging, audio mixing to pro lighting, there is a place for you at INSPIRE. Everyday we will have a variety of workshops and panels led by engaging and knowledgeable speakers and moderators available to all attendees,” said Danielle Lawler, senior manager, partnerships & events at Adorama.
A complete list of Adorama INSPIRE workshops can be found here.
Registration Open for Select Adorama INSPIRE Events
Throughout the week, Adorama will offer a variety of experiential events, workshops as well as panel discussions for attendees looking to improve their photography and video skills. They are offered for aspiring professionals as well as hobbyists. Registration officially opened for select events. Events are RSVP-only and most are free to attend.
Monday, June 25, 2018
• Maternity Photography with Tracie Maglosky, 2 p.m. Shoot alongside Olympus Visionary Tracie Maglosky. She will explore lighting, posing and styling maternity sessions. In this workshop, attendees will photograph a live model and are learn maternity posing flow and lighting. Register now.
• Finding Your Street Photography Voice, 4 p.m. This session will feature a visual presentation by key Street Dreams magazine photographers. They will discuss their personal styles and how to find your voice as a street photographer. Register now.
• Art of Visuals Presents: Be Visually Inspired, 6:30 p.m. Prince McClinton, founder of Art of Visuals, one of the world’s largest creative communities inspiring over one million people daily, sits down with artists and creators to discuss photography, video, travel and the business of content creation. Attend the NYC event or view it online via Instagram live with @adorama and @artofvisuals. Register now.
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
• Rock and Roll Portrait Lighting Workshop with David Bergman, 1 p.m. Canon Explorer of Light David Bergman will show attendees how to produce a high-energy music portrait from start to finish. During this live shoot with a real musician, he will take attendees through his process of working with subjects, camera settings and lighting, using small flashes for easy travel and setup. The skills learned will translate into any kind of portrait photography. Register now.
• Planning & Executing a Fashion Editorial with Emily Soto, 4 p.m. Emily Soto’s bold yet playful images appear on magazine covers, in editorial spreads and campaigns for national clients. She will instruct attendees on how to plan and execute a fashion editorial. She’ll go over concept development, keys to following a mood board, casting, lighting and equipment, scouting and final images. Register now.
• Night Sky On-Location, 7:30 p.m. Join photographer Stan Honda for a night sky shooting session in Central Park. Participants will learn the basics of photographing celestial objects with a digital camera and ordinary lenses. They also will have views of the New York City skyline as well as the open sky above as darkness falls. Moreover, they will earn composition, focusing, reading the histogram, using the right lens and what to look for in the night sky. Register now.
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
• Stylized Children’s Portraits with Tamara Lackey, 10 a.m. Join Nikon Ambassador and Profoto Legend of Light Tamara Lackey as she shoots stylized portraits of children. She will cover lighting, posing, composition and also expression. She will also share her gear choices, multiple lens selections and various lighting scenarios throughout the portrait sessions. Register now.
Thursday, June 28, 2018
• Manhattan Skyline at Night, 6 p.m. Join photojournalist and Lumix Global Ambassador Kevin Gilbert and friends to shoot a different view of the Big Apple. After a ferry ride to a special location in Hoboken, New Jersey, the group will meet with models/athletes to do some creative portraiture set against the backdrop of the city. The group will get creative and shoot long lenses as well as long exposures, lining up the Statue of Liberty with other magnificent buildings. Register now.
Adorama INSPIRE: Connect with the Community
In addition, INSPIRE attendees will have the opportunity to voice their opinions in important industry-specific panel discussions. Moreover, topic-driven community talks include a State of the Industry panel moderated by Adorama CEO Barry Litwin. Also, an exclusive Q&A with AdoramaTV stars Mark Wallace, Gavin Hoey, Tamara Lackey and David Bergman.
“Adorama INSPIRE shines a light on those looking to break through in their respective fields by having professionals at the top of their game share insights with fellow colleagues,” added Peker. “Our hope is that everyone, whether an attendee, host, panelist or brand partner, will leave our event feeling not only inspired but enabled to go far above and beyond their wildest dreams.”