Photo-Imaging Shows and Conferences : 6Sight Announces Imaging Leaders and Analysts to Speak at Future of Imaging ConferenceJune 13, 2012
6Sight is part of 2012 CE Week in New York City, a five-day citywide event that includes the CEA Line Shows and the Digital Downtown Conference and is organized in association with CEA, along with Martin Porter Associates, Photo Industry Reporter, and Consumer Technology Publishing Group/NAPCO, publisher of Dealerscope, Custom Retailer and E-Gear magazines.
“No other conference offers the breadth of imaging data, experience, and networking that we provide at 6Sight,” said 6Sight Conferences president Joe Byrd. “If you want to accelerate the growth of your imaging products and business strategies, there is no better place for you to be on June 25-26 than the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York where 6Sight will continue its work to advance the future of imaging for all players involved.”
The Consumer Electronics Association’s president, Gary Shapiro, will keynote the conference with his presentation on how “Innovation in Imaging” is at the forefront of consumer electronics trends. Shapiro, author of the New York Times best seller, The Comeback: How Innovation Will Restore the American Dream, will discuss how photography’s development from film to digital to mirrorless SLRs and smartphones all illustrate the kind of American innovation that pushes the evolution of the marketplace—and our national economy.
The conference research program includes:
- InfoBreakfast. Ed Lee and David Haueter of InfoTrends will provide a breakfast presentation overseeing the key market trends expected to shape the current and future direction of the photo industry.
- Top Imaging Trends. 6Sight senior analysts Paul Worthington and Tony Henning will present the most innovative technology shaping the photography business today and tomorrow.
- Mobile Imaging Market Trends. MobileTrax founder J. Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., will discuss the challenges and opportunities in mobile imaging devices.
- Social Imaging Survey. Hans Hartman will present the results of the consumer social imaging behavior and product usage survey he conducted for 6Sight.
- Analyst Roundtable. Alex Spektar of Strategy Analytics, Liz Cutting of NPD, Marion Knoche of GfK, Joanna Wright of Futuresource, and Kristy Holch, founder of InfoTrends, will discuss the latest issues facing imaging.
- Cameraphone Global Trends. Tony Henning provides the most complete overview of the current state of cameraphones and mobile imaging technology around the world.
- Digital Imaging Market Trends. The CEA market researchers will discuss the latest trend data they have been gathering.