Accessories : Pelican Unveils Five HardBack Protective Cases for Portable ElectronicsDecember 7, 2011
Torrance, CA—Pelican Products, a designer and manufacturer of protective case solutions and portable lighting systems, introduced a range of HardBack Protector cases as travel armor for portable electronics from 7-inch and 10-inch tablets to 14- and 15-inch laptops.
Produced from a design partnership with BMW DesignWorks, the HardBack cases are built with all the features of a Pelican case: crush resistant, watertight and with an automatic pressure equalization valve that prevents vacuum lock to make it easier to open at any altitude.
“We are pleased to have combined BMW’s amazing design know-how with our 30+ years of experience to produce this innovative series of cases as extremely tough protection for almost any portable device on the market today,” said Dinis Jablonski, director of Product Management.
All cases in the series offer anti-scratch foam inserts to add another layer of protection for delicate electronics. To ensure that they stay shut in tough conditions, they also sport stainless steel hardware and easy-snap latches. Like all Pelican products, they are backed by its “Legendary Guarantee of Excellence.”
- The Pelican 1055 HardBack case is designed to protect tablet computers and eReaders up to 8 inches, including the Kindle Fire, Nook Color, BlackBerry Playbook and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.1 from harsh conditions.
- The Pelican 1065 HardBack case is engineered to protect tablet computers up to 10 inches. This includes the iPad, iPad 2 and the Motorola Xoom.
- The Pelican 1075 HardBack is available to fit 10.1-inch tablets, external hard drives and netbooks.
- The Pelican i1075 iPad Case is also available with features that include a specially designed interior that protects and organizes the iPad or iPad 2, Apple Bluetooth wireless keyboard, power adapter and download cables.
- The Pelican 1085 HardBack case is a completely redesigned laptop case that replaces the 1080 HardBack. It protects computers up to 14 inches, features a nylon shoulder strap and weighs 2.59 pounds without foam.
- The Pelican 1095 HardBack case is a redesigned laptop case that replaces the 1090 HardBack. It protects computers up to 15 inches, has a nylon shoulder strap and weighs 2.95 pounds.